Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day Treats

Valentine's day is getting pretty close so I thought I'd add a few recipes I found online. I hope to try at least one of these out this year.

M&M Cookie Cups
Last year I made these cookie cups for my boyfriend. The cookie dough was a little difficult to work with, so mine didn't come out looking quite as nice as these, but they still tasted good. Next time I will refrigerate the dough for a bit and see if that helps. I gave the extra cookie cups to my sisters and their husbands - one of them took the M&Ms out and filled the cookie cup with ice cream and put the M&M's on top. These are great treats for kids!

Photo from Food Family Finds blog

Valentine M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
I found this recipe last year and I thought they were really cute. I ended up just making M&M cookies and not shaping them into hearts, but I wanted to share this idea!

Photo from The Bake-Off Flunkie blog

Shortbread Cookies
These are super cute!

Photo from The Thrifty Crafter blog

Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Blossoms are very popular among my family around Christmas. This version - with a heart shaped chocolate - is perfect for Valentine's Day! If you want to use a home-made cookie recipes, one can be found here. You could even use red or pink sugar instead of white sugar if you want to add a bit of color.

Photo from bettycrocker.com

Mixed Berry Bundt Cake
Williams-Sonoma has some delicious recipes on their website. I love berries so this one caught my eye. Plus, who could not like a cake in the shape of a heart? (The pan isn't available on Williams-Sonoma website, but you can find it here!)

Photo from Williams-Sonoma website

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment