Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cavatelli

Every year for Easter dinner my family has my grandmother's homemade cavatelli. It's always such a treat. I have never made it by myself so I don't have any tips to offer, but I have some pictures of the last time I helped my grandmother make it a few years ago. This has always been my favorite kind of homemade pasta!


Cavatelli

5 cups flour
1 cup water + 1 Tablespoon
2 eggs

Mix all ingredients.  If dough is too hard, add a little more water.  Knead until smooth.

Place dough in a plastic bag to rest for 20 minutes or more.  Knead again and form into 2 balls.  Dough should not be hard.

Spread one ball at a time with a “liniature” (a long thin rolling “pin”).  Make it thin enough.  Cut into strips and curl with fingertips.

Cover the dough while making the Cavatelli so it does not get dry.

After forming Cavatelli, let dry a while and put into zip lock bags to freeze until needed.  They freeze very well.

 
Photos by JoJo


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment