Saturday, October 20, 2012

Ghirardelli Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies

It's been a crazy month so I have a few recipes that I haven't had a chance to post yet. One is cream cheese swirl brownies. I made these for a party a few weeks ago and everyone loved them. I don't usually like baking with mixes, but Ghirardelli brownie mixes are just so good!

I used two packs of the triple chocolate mix (from the big box you can buy at Costco) and one package of cream cheese for a 13"x9" pan. Below is a recipe that is quick and easy to follow.


Ghirardelli Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies

Brownie Batter
2 packages Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Cream Cheese Swirl Batter
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg

Prepare 2 pouches Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix as directed and spoon batter into lightly greased 13x9x2-inch pan; set aside.

Using an electric mixer, mix 8 ounces cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add 1 egg and continue to mix on medium speed 1 minute or until smooth. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Swirl with knife for marbled effect.

Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes.

Note: If you are using an 8x8, 9x9, or 11x7 pan, use one pouch of brownie mix, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil and one egg. Use the same amount of cream cheese batter as above. Bake for 35-45 minutes.

Two brownie mixes in a 9x13" pan

Add cream cheese

Add the rest of brownie mixture (I left about 1/3 of it out)

Swirl together & bake



Photos by JoJo

9 comments:

  1. These came out great. I always made this recipe with Pilsbury brownie mix (it was on the side of the box), but for some reason it never worked right with the Ghiradelli. I guess just doubling the brownie mix. Ghiradelli brownie mix is much better tasting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it worked out for you! Ghiradelli brownie mix is the only baking mix I ever use!

      Delete
  2. could you use cream cheese frosting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used frosting in place of the cream cheese batter and I don't think that it would work well since frosting isn't typically baked.

      Delete
  3. The second time making these I added a half tsp of mint flavoring to the cream cheese and it was luscious. Next time I might color it a little green and increase the mint a touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea - that sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  4. Can I substitute Ghirardelli’s double chocolate brownie mix for the triple chocolate? The store didn’t have the triple chocolate.

    ReplyDelete