Friday, January 6, 2012

Cheese Ball

In a few weeks it will be every football fan's favorite day of the year - Super Bowl Sunday! I've found a few recipes that would be perfect for a Super Bowl Party. Yesterday I found a recipe for "Cheese Ball Blitz", a cheese ball in the shape of a football! I think this is a really cute idea. My family has a cheese ball recipe that I've had a few times and is really good, so I'll post that one instead of the one I found online that I've never had (although that is linked above if you want to check it out). If you love cheese and are having or going to a Super Bowl party, this appetizer will be a hit!


Ann’s Cheese Ball

1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
1 8-ounce Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar (red wrapper)
1 12-ounce Wispride Port Wine cheese spread
Walnuts or pecans, chopped

Soften cheeses. When they are at room temperature, mix cheeses together with either your hands or a mixer. Form into two balls or one large one. Roll in chopped walnuts or pecans. Decorate with cherry if you wish. Refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.

Serve with your favorite crackers.

Photo from snackpicks.com

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment