Saturday, July 17, 2021

Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't know why I haven't posted this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe before - it's the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever made. It's super simple and delicious. I sometimes add walnuts and sometimes don't, depending on whether I have any at the time or not and who I am baking for since some people don't like nuts in their cookies. I use Crisco in place of butter, but otherwise don't change anything else.

I had been using parchment paper when baking cookies, but I just bought some Silpat half sheet baking mats on sale and this was my first time using them. I used a medium size OXO cookie scoop to drop the cookies on the cookie sheets, and got 38 cookies out of one recipe using that size - they were a bit bigger than I had anticipated. A few weeks later I used a small cookie scoop to make another recipe of these with walnuts, and got 74 cookies out of that recipe - those were a bit smaller than I had wanted. Next time I will have to go with overfilling a small cookie scoop to get the perfect size!

This is a great recipe to make with kids - my boys loved watching the batter come together (gotta love those glass mixing bowls) and tasting the results!


Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

The chocolate chip cookie that started it all! NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® original chocolate chip cookies are a true classic and the go-to cookie for all occasions!

 

2¼ cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened or shortening

¾ cup granulated sugar

¾ cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsel

1 cup chopped nuts (Optional – if omitting, add 1 to 2 Tablespoons of all-purpose flour)

 

Preheat oven to 375°.

 

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

 

Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

 

Yield: 5 dozen cookies.















Waiting on cookies...





A few photos of a recipe made with walnuts:












No comments:

Post a Comment