Thursday, August 5, 2021

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips

Last weekend my husband and I hosted a party for my cousins and their spouses, which we usually have at Christmastime, but for the first time this past year we could not have it. The dessert for our Christmas party is always homemade cookies, so we kept that tradition for our summer version of the party. A few people brought various kinds of cookies, and my sister Caterina made these delicious Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips. I had never made these before but decided to try them out today to bring on our upcoming beach vacation. My grandma always made tons of cookies to take on vacation, and the past few years I haven't had the time to make any, but that's a tradition I want to keep going so this year I made sure to set some time aside to bake before our trip.

I used Crisco instead of butter but otherwise followed the recipe. This cookie recipe is on the back of the Reese's Peanut Butter Chips bag, but that recipe is half of the amount of ingredients compared to the recipe that I found online, except that they both call for the same amount of peanut butter chips. So if you like a ton of peanut butter chips in your cookies, use two bags for the recipe below. I found one bag to be sufficient. I used a small cookie scoop and got 79 cookies out of this recipe.

I also recently purchased a KitchenAid Silicone Mixer Spatula that I used for the first time today, and I love it! It is the Aqua Sky color, which matches my mixer, but more importantly it is made specifically for use with the mixer bowl and scrapes batter from it so well. If you use a KitchenAid stand mixer often, I highly recommend this spatula. It would also make an excellent gift for the bakers in your life!

This recipe is very easy to make and doesn't take much time either. My husband and toddler taste-testers approved, and I'm sure your family and friends will too!


REESE'S Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips

 

All the peanut butter chocolate bliss you can imagine made into an unbelievable cookie! Get your mixing bowl ready and stir together REESE’S peanut butter chips and HERSHEY’S cocoa for your new go-to cookie recipe. Eat these chewy chocolate peanut butter chip cookies straight out of the cookie tin or add a scoop of ice cream to the center of two cookies for an ice cream sandwich. Bake REESE’S chewy cookies for a special event or whenever you need a sweet dessert. You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate, right?

 

2 cups all-purpose flour

¾ cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon salt

1¼ cups butter or margarine (2½ sticks), softened or Crisco

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 2/3 cups REESE’S Peanut Butter Chips (10-oz. package)

 

 

Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.

 

Beat butter (or Crisco) and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

 

Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do NOT over bake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.

 

Makes about 54 cookies.

 

Pan Recipe: Spread batter in greased 15½ x 10½ x 1-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. Makes about 4 dozen bars.

 

Ice Cream Sandwiches: Prepare "Chewy Chocolate Cookies" as directed; cool. Press small scoop of vanilla ice cream between flat sides of cookies. Wrap and freeze.













Waiting on cookies to cool off so he can taste them!


No comments:

Post a Comment