Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Chicken Salad

I'm not much of a salad person, but eating sandwiches every day has gotten old and I need to switch things up. In my attempt to eat a little healthier I remembered that when I was pregnant with my twin boys, I made up a chicken salad recipe that I loved. I knew I had a photo of it saved on my laptop under a folder entitled "cravings" which also included pictures of steaks, hamburgers, and cheesesteaks. This salad was the only healthy thing I craved during that entire pregnancy! Luckily I wrote down what I put in the salad at the time, because it's been a long time since I've made it and my memory is terrible. I hope to make this again soon once I have all the ingredients.


Chicken Salad

1 rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 bunches of red grapes, sliced in half
2 bunches of spring onions, chopped
Handful of sliced almonds
Olive Oil
Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper
Arugula lettuce
Shaved parmesan, romano & asiago cheese

Mix chicken, celery, grapes, spring onions and sliced almonds together, and then mix with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. When ready to eat, put the chicken salad on top of arugula lettuce and top with shaved cheese. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment