Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies

Tonight I made my last batch of Christmas cookies! I asked my friend Chas a while ago what kind of cookies she liked so I could send her some in Afghanistan, and she said chocolate, so I decided to make some double chocolate chip cookies for her. My grandma makes these every year so I knew the recipe would be good. I only made one recipe, which made plenty of cookies. I used a small cookie scoop to measure the dough. They were very easy to make and tasted delicious.


Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies

1 1/3 cups Crisco
3 cups brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa
1½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
2 cups chocolate chips

Beat crisco, sugar, water and vanilla. Add eggs, beat until well blended. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add chocolate chips.

Drop by teaspoons on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7 to 9 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove right after baking. Cool and store in freezer or eat them.

Makes about 8 dozen cookies.

Crisco, sugar, water and vanilla


Eggs added

Rest of dry ingredients added

Chocolate chips added

Drop by teaspoons on baking sheet

Bake 7-9 minutes








Photos by JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment