Monday, September 10, 2012

Sausage, Tomato and Spinach Pasta

A few months ago my cousin Marina made a delicious pasta dish for our cousin's bridal shower. I finally made it tonight and wanted to share the recipe. It's so simple and took me all of about 15 minutes to make! This is a great recipe for a summer evening when you want to make a fast meal. I took the ground sage sausage out of my freezer last night, browned it while the pasta water was boiling. While the pasta was cooking, I cut the tomatoes and washed and spun the baby spinach. Once the sausage and pasta were cooked, I put everything in a bowl together and mixed it with olive oil, salt and pepper. Delicious! I am also including pictures of Marina's pasta that was used for the party. This is also a great recipe for a light lunch for a larger group!


Sausage, Tomato & Spinach  Pasta

1 pound ground sausage, cooked
1 pound pasta, cooked
1 cup red grape tomatoes, cut in half
½ bag baby spinach
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Romano cheese (optional)

Cook the ground sausage in a frying pan or in the oven.

Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.

Wash the spinach and cherry tomatoes. Cut tomatoes in half.

Once the sausage and pasta are both cooked, combine pasta, sausage, tomatoes and spinach and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Top the bowl with Romano cheese.







Photos by JoJo

 Here are some photos of Marina's pasta made for a summer bridal shower luncheon:



Photos by JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment