Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pineapple Mango Salsa

All summer I've been wanting to make a mango salsa and finally got the chance to. I looked online for recipes and found a few that looked good. Most of them had the same general ingredients, but this one also had pineapple which seemed the most summery out of all the ones I found. It was easy to make, but time consuming cutting everything up (I made a double recipe). In the end, the salsa was delicious so it was worth the time! I thought the flavors blended together very nicely. I served the salsa with Tostitos Hint of Lime chips. I found the recipe here, although the original recipe is from this blog. I have about half of what I made leftover from the party I went to and it would be delicious topped on teriyaki grilled chicken and served with cilantro lime rice. This is perfect for a cinco de mayo party or summer cookout!


Pineapple Mango Salsa

1 mango, diced
1½ cups diced fresh pineapple (about half a pineapple)
½ of one red bell pepper, diced small
¼ cup red onion, finely diced
1 Tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
Juice of one lime
Pinch of coarse salt

To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss to mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, allowing flavors to blend.

Serve with your favorite chips (recommended: Tostitos Hint of Lime chips).













Photos by JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment