Sunday, July 29, 2012

Honey-Lime Cilantro Marinade

Today I wanted to use my leftover Pineapple Mango Salsa on top of grilled chicken. I found two recipes on Pinterest that would go perfectly with it - Honey Lime Chicken and Cilantro Lime Rice. I took a few things out of the chicken marinade that I didn't think were necessary (pepper flakes and siracha). I made three pounds of chicken and cut them into tenders so they'd grill faster. The chicken was very tasty. I boiled the remaining marinade so I could put more on my chicken. I topped my chicken with my leftover pineapple mango salsa, which made it even better!

The rice was also good, but with all of the other flavors I could have just made plain rice and put the extra marinade on it as well. The recipe called for basmati rice, which I did not have so I used jasmine rice (my favorite). I cooked the rice according to the directions on the bag rather than on the recipe, and just added the lime juice, oil, and cilantro to the cooked rice.


Honey-Lime Cilantro Marinade

3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
Juice of one lime
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons cilantro
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (halved or cubed)

If making kabobs, cube the chicken. Otherwise, halve the chicken or cut into tenders. Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken in dish or Ziploc bag. Let chicken marinade for at least one hour. Cook chicken as desired. Boil leftover marinade and use on top of cooked chicken.

Top with pineapple mango salsa if you wish.

Chicken cut into tenders


Chopped garlic

Marinade mixture



Chicken grilling

Finished!

Chicken topped with pineapple mango salsa

Photos by JoJo




Cilantro Lime Rice

1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
Juice of ½ lime
3 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro

In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 teaspoon oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minutes.

In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining 2 teaspoons oil and toss until completely mixed.


Jasmine Rice


Photos by JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment