Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spinach Dip

Until this morning I didn't know where I'd be watching the Super Bowl, but I knew I wanted to bring something wherever I went. I have been feeling a little under the weather all weekend and just wanted to make something simple. So last night I made a spinach dip to take with me. I only had one cup of sour cream, not two like the recipe called for, so I substituted the second cup with plain yogurt. I defrosted the frozen chopped spinach on a low power in the microwave. There is a lot of water in the spinach, so be sure to drain it well, or even just squeeze it out with your hands. Getting the spinach ready took the most time, but other than that this recipe is a breeze and will go well with chips, crackers or raw veggies. It can also be served in a bread bowl if you prefer that. I found the original recipe here. Enjoy!


Original Ranch Spinach Dip

1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Original Ranch Dips Mix
1 16-ounce container sour cream
1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained and chopped (optional)
Chips, crackers or raw vegetables for dipping

Stir together dips mix, sour cream, spinach and water chestnuts. Chill 30 minutes or until just before serving.

Serve in a bread bowl with cubed bread (using firm bread pieces as dippers), or with chips, crackers or raw vegetables.

Photo by JoJo

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment