Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fruit Smoothies

I love frozen drinks, especially smoothies. I had some leftover plain yogurt from the two dips I made recently, so I bought two bags of mixed frozen fruits so I could use the yogurt in smoothies. I usually add a banana to the frozen fruit so there is something soft in the blender, but the ones I had at home today were not ripe yet. Luckily I had some kiwi and I used one of those instead. Today's smoothie was pineapple, strawberry, peach, mango and kiwi!

Since I usually just make these for myself, I measure by filling whatever glass I am using with frozen fruit. Then I cut the ripe fruit and add it in. I dump the fruit into a blender and put either one small carton of yogurt or a few tablespoons of yogurt (if it's from a large container). I typically use plain or vanilla yogurt. If I'm using a flavored yogurt I try to stick with a flavor that is the same as one of the fruits I put in smoothie. Occasionally I use home-made yogurt from my sister, and when using that I add a bit of honey. To the fruit and yogurt I add a little bit of juice (usually orange juice). Blend together until all the fruit chunks are gone. If it's too thick, add a little more juice. Pour back into your glass and enjoy!

I never use ice in my smoothies since I use frozen fruit. You can also cut up fresh fruit and freeze it for smoothies. Just be sure to add one fruit in that is not frozen so it is easier to blend.

Smoothies are delicious, healthy and very simple to make. They're not cheap to buy from other places, and you can get as creative as you want making them on your own!







Photos by JoJo

Update on 4/3/2012:
Below are more photos from a smoothie I made using frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries), a banana, blueberry yogurt, and orange juice.






Photos by JoJo

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment