Monday, May 13, 2024

No Knead Italian Focaccia Bread

My father-in-law stayed with us for a few nights last week and I always try to make something special when he stays here. I made stuffed shells (which I know he loves) and salad and wanted to make an easy bread recipe. I saw this Focaccia recipe on Instagram and it looked easy enough so I gave it a try. It was so delicious!

I did not refrigerate the dough - I did the "short rise option" on the website and adapted the recipe below to reflect what I did so I'll remember next time. I mixed the dough, let it rise for 2 hours, put it in an oiled 9x13 glass baking dish (next time I will oil and flour it because it was a little hard to get out), let it rise another 30 minutes (uncovered), poked the dough, topped with some sea salt flakes and baked for 22 minutes.

My cousin Marina also made this recipe (she refrigerated the dough overnight) but she made the focaccia thin and used two quarter sheet pans (12.5"x9").

The recipe uses a lot of olive oil and you could probably cut back a little bit on that, but it is also probably what makes it so good. I did not put oil on top when I added the salt and I did not put oil on top when it came out of the oven.

I used 00 Flour for this recipe as I always do when I make bread or pizza.

Overall, this is a very good and easy recipe. Everyone at my house loved it! It also makes a lot, so I was able to have a few pieces leftover for the next night's dinner and freeze an entire half of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment