Thursday, December 9, 2021

Winter Sweet Citrus Salad with Pomegranate & Pistachios

Last Christmas we decided to have our own small Christmas dinner at home. Our menu consisted of homemade spaghetti with shrimp, homemade rolls from my mom and a winter citrus salad recipe I found online. I originally got this salad idea from an Instagram post I saw from an Italian lady that I follow. I could not find a recipe on her website for the photo she posted so I started searching and found the one below, which looks pretty similar, and then I made some changes to it to try to make it more like the one I found on Instagram.

I'm not much of a salad person, but this salad looked irresistible so I tried it out and it was so good! I had never cut pomegranates before so I had to look up videos online on how to do it.

I added mozzarella on top of mine and omitted the red onion. Instead of mixed greens I used arugula, and instead of blood oranges I used Cara Cara oranges (my favorite!). This salad was so good and I enjoyed making it for several days after Christmas until I ran out of ingredients!


Winter Sweet Citrus Salad with Pomegranate & Pistachios

Recipes courtesy Home and Plate Blog

 

Celebrate Valentine's Day with a colorful arrangement of citrus on a bed of greens. Serve this Winter Sweet Citrus Salad with Pomegranate & Pistachios.

 

1 ruby red grapefruit

1 navel orange

2 blood oranges

1 sliced red onion

Mixed greens

1 tablespoon pomegranate arils

1 tablespoon pistachios

2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar

2 tablespoons honey

¼ cup olive oil

Salt and pepper

 

To make the dressing mix together the honey, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk or shake well to incorporate the honey. (Warming in the microwave for 10 seconds helps to thin the honey.)

 

Peel the citrus, being sure to cut away the bitter white pith. Using a serrated knife, slice the citrus into thin rounds. Arrange two plates with mixed greens, placing the citrus and red onion on top. Sprinkle with pistachios and pomegranate arils. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve.

 

 

Inspiration



My Creation


No comments:

Post a Comment