Thursday, September 19, 2019

Roasted Butternut Squash

Since fall is here, it's a good time to start making dishes with butternut squash, or you can roast it and serve it alongside a main dish. Here is a simple recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash that tastes delicious. You can roast the squash alone or with potatoes, carrots, or any other vegetables you desire! I made this tonight and my husband loved it - he said it was the highlight of the meal. I already had squash diced into smaller chunks before I decided I was making this, but I still roasted them for 30 minutes and they were perfect.

If you have never cut a butternut squash before, you can google how to peel and slice it or just check out this link. I used my biggest and sharpest knife and cut the top and bottom off of mine, used a vegetable peeler to peel the skin off, sliced it in half longways, scooped the seeds out with a spoon, and then diced it in small pieces. I did this two nights ago and used half of it for another recipe. It's easy to do this prep work ahead of time and keep the diced squash in a container in the refrigerator until you need it!



Roasted Butternut Squash
Recipe courtesy Ina Garten
                       

1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and seeded and cut in 1-inch chunks
3 Tablespoons good olive oil
2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or coarse black pepper


Preheat oven to 400°.

Place the squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the squash is tender, turning once with a metal spatula.

Yield: 4-5 servings.


Ready for the oven

Roasted

No comments:

Post a Comment