Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Roasted Broccoli with Garlic

I have a habit of making sautéed spinach too often instead of buying other vegetables. I don't usually like steamed vegetables or soggy vegetables (yuck!), but I love roasted vegetables. Here is a quick and simple recipe for Roasted Broccoli with Garlic. This was so delicious I was snacking on it as I was finishing the rest of the dinner I made with it - and I don't even like broccoli that much!


Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
Recipe courtesy Food Network Kitchen
                       

1 bunch broccoli (about 1½ pounds), cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced or diced
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper or coarse pepper

Preheat oven to 425°.

Toss the broccoli florets with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet. Spread them out and then roast, without stirring, until the edges are crispy and the stems are crisp tender, about 10 minutes.

Serve warm.

Yield: 4 servings.


Before roasting

After - crispy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment