Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Chicken Nuggets

Today I made this easy, delicious Chicken Nuggets recipe while my boys were napping. I used 3 chicken breasts. I didn't cut them into nuggets, I cut them into strips/smaller pieces of chicken. I did not add the seasoned salt to the flour mixture and I fried them in much less oil, but otherwise followed the directions. I think what made this chicken so good was coating the chicken in the flour mixture, egg wash, and breadcrumbs. Don't omit one of those! I ended up with 2 skillets full of chicken.

This is a great recipe for kids and adults. My boys loved them! Luckily there was plenty leftover for dinner tomorrow night, too!


Chicken Nuggets
Recipe courtesy Ree Drummond

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large eggs
2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
Vegetable oil, for frying
Ketchup, for serving


In a plastic bag, mix the flour, seasoned salt and some salt and pepper. In a bowl, mix the eggs with 2 tablespoons water. In a separate bowl, add the breadcrumbs.

Shake the chicken pieces in the bag to coat. In batches, dip them in the egg wash, then in the breadcrumbs.

Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a few breadcrumbs dropped in the oil start to sizzle immediately. Fry the chicken, in batches if needed, until golden brown and cooked through, a couple minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel and serve with ketchup.

Makes 2-4 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment