Monday, December 28, 2015

Kitchen Product Reviews

As someone who researches everything I buy, I thought I would write a few blog posts on some of my favorite kitchen products. When my sister got married last year, I pretty much put her registry together for her. I bought a townhouse a year before her wedding, and had already done a lot of research on several products, and then did more research when I was putting her registry together, so when I got married a few months ago it was very easy to put my own together. This was extremely helpful because I got married 11 weeks after getting engaged, and did not have time to think about the registry too much with everything else that was going on. I hope these review posts will help others who have some questions about registry items.

My favorite stores to buy kitchen products are Williams-Sonoma, Crate & Barrel, and Bed Bath & Beyond, so those are the three stores where we registered. Something to keep in mind is that these stores give registry completion discounts of 10% off remaining registry items for 6 months after your wedding. We had a few items on our registry that never go on sale (Le Creuset and Wüsthof items), so we used gift cards that were given to us to purchase them after our wedding and used the 10% discount. My husband is in the military, and as an added bonus, some stores also give 10% military discounts on items that you usually cannot apply sales to, like the brands mentioned above. Some of those items can also be found for significantly less at outlet stores if you are lucky enough to have one close by.

When I bought my townhouse, I shopped at TJ Maxx and Home Goods a lot. They always have different items so if you are looking for something specific you will most likely have to keep going back and looking through what's there. I got a lot of my serving utensils, colanders, and other small items from those stores for much cheaper than I would have found them anywhere else. Those were all things we didn't have to register for since they were only about two years old by the time we got married.

Before I review any products, I will start by saying that I tend to like neutral colored items, which some may consider boring. When I bought my townhouse, I purchased white table settings and serving bowls and platters, as I knew that if I got a pattern, I would eventually get sick of it. I would prefer to change up table decor over time rather than all my dishes and bowls. I also think that food stands out more and looks better on white plates. So most of what we have is either clear glass or white, but we did register for a few navy items. Navy has always been one of my favorite colors, and since our wedding colors were navy and grey, I thought it would also be nice to have a reminder of those colors in our kitchen!

I hope you enjoy my reviews and find them helpful. Feel free to ask any questions you come up with about the registry process or about kitchen products in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment