Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider

A few weeks ago I was taking a walk with my sister and we started talking about hot apple cider. She said she had a recipe from my cousin Andrew that she liked. I usually don't like hot drinks, but for some reason I really wanted some. We made the apple cider this past weekend, and her four boys loved it. I'm making it again for Thanksgiving since it will go well with the menu. It's very simple to make and leaves the house smelling so good!


Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider

2 quarts apple cider
1½ quarts cranberry or cranberry-apple juice
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
8-10 cinnamon sticks, 3 inch, broken into pieces
10-15 whole allspice
20-25 whole cloves

Bring everything to a boil in a 6-quart pot. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Strain and discard spices.

Yield: 12 cups

Photo by JoJo


No comments:

Post a Comment