Friday, December 30, 2011

New Baking Pans!

Most of my Christmas gifts this year were baking related. I'm pretty excited to try them out, and I'll definitely post recipes and what I think of the pans once I get a chance to use them. But to share what they are...

I received Madeleine Pans so I can make Madeleine cookies! I actually got 3 of these pans - two Wilton ones and one from Williams-Sonoma. I'm still trying to decide which one I want to stick with. I have two recipes to try out and I can't wait to see how the cookies come out.

I also received some Wilton Cookie Sheets. I don't have any of my own and even with all the bakers in my house, there aren't any non-stick ones here, so these should be helpful.

The last two things I purchased with some money that was given to me. They are both things I have been researching online and I decided to just get them and see how I like them.

I just purchased a Maryann Cake Pan. This pan was pretty hard to find anywhere else but this website as the ones on Amazon were no longer available. Williams-Sonoma has a recipe with mascarpone cheese that I want to try. This recipe is actually how I found out about these pans in the first place, even though Williams-Sonoma no longer carries them. I thought this pan looked cool and it will make for great cakes in the summertime.

The last thing that I purchased last night is a Weber Poultry Roaster. I found a recipe a month or so ago for a lemon and rosemary chicken and it said to cook the chicken in a vertical roasting pan. I searched online, found many of these pans, and read lots of reviews. The one I purchased had great reviews. I like that I can use it in the oven and on the grill and that it has an area to place liquids such as beer or wine, which should give the chicken a great taste. I should have this pan in a week, and I'm excited to see how the chicken comes out.

Overall, I'd say I had a pretty great Christmas. I found time to bake four different kinds of cookies and give some away as gifts, and I now have more pans to bake and cook with!

No comments:

Post a Comment