Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Easy French Dip Sandwiches

French Dip is one of my favorites that I've ordered from a few restaurants and always loved, but I had never made it myself before. I used my Homemade French Bread to make these French Dip Sandwiches and they were insanely good! I used thinly sliced roast beef from a local deli, which made them super quick and easy to make. My husband loved this as well and could not get enough of it!


Easy French Dip Sandwiches

Recipe from I Heart Naptime

 

A delicious French dip sandwich made with a toasty baguette, flavorful roast beef, and melted Swiss cheese. So easy to make and done in 10 minutes! 


1 baguette (or your favorite rolls)

1 Tablespoon olive oil

1 shallot (chopped)

1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour

10 ounces beef consommé (use 2 cans if you like a lot of dipping sauce)

1 teaspoon steak seasoning (I prefer McCormick Montreal)

¾ pound lean roast beef (thinly sliced)

4 slices Swiss cheese (thinly sliced)

 

 

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice the baguette into 4 and then cut horizontally to make the sandwiches. 

 

In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and heat for 1 minute. Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add flour and sauté for 1 more minute.

 

Slowly whisk in beef consommé. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Add steak seasoning and mix until combined.

 

Separate roast beef and place in the au jus sauce until warm. Using tongs, place an equal portion of beef on each section of baguette or rolls. Top with a slice of cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.

 

Serve with a small bowl of the extra au jus for dipping.









No comments:

Post a Comment