Thursday, March 22, 2012

Honey Teriyaki Marinade

It's finally spring and the weather has been beautiful lately. It's made me want to have some of my favorite springtime meals - one of which is kabobs! I took some chicken tenders out of the freezer last night and found a honey teriyaki marinade recipe online to try. I added a little bit of brown sugar to the marinade since I saw it in some other recipes I found, and brown sugar makes everything taste better! This marinade took only a few minutes to make. Mixing it with a small wire whisk works well since honey is thick.

Once they were defrosted, I cut the chicken tenders into fours (1-inch pieces) and marinaded them overnight. I cut up some mushrooms, red peppers, onions and zucchini and refrigerated them overnight so all the prep work was done (next time I will probably marinade the veggies too).

When I got home from work tonight I assembled my kabobs, which consisted of various skewers full of teriyaki chicken, red peppers and pineapple, or chicken and veggies. While the kabobs were grilling, I made some jasmine rice, sauteed the few leftover veggies so they wouldn't go to waste, and boiled the leftover marinade and strained it so it could be poured over the jasmine rice (if desired). This was a delicious meal and very easy to make! I'll definitely be making this marinade again soon.


Honey Teriyaki Marinade

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
4-8 chicken breasts

Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken in dish or Ziploc bag. Let chicken marinade for 8 hours or overnight. Cook chicken as desired.

NOTE: Great recipe for chicken kabobs!

Kabobs before going on the grill

Ready to eat!

Photos by JoJo


No comments:

Post a Comment