Monday, May 6, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken

About a year and a half ago I posted a recipe for Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps. Last night I made a similar recipe but with chicken strips instead of nuggets and a little extra seasoning (salt, pepper and garlic powder). Since the recipe I found online did not specify the amount of seasonings to use, I just lightly seasoned the chicken while it was on my cutting board and then flipped each piece over and seasoned the other side. I mixed the brown sugar and a little more chili powder together and rolled the seasoned chicken wrapped in bacon in it. I wanted to use my entire pack of bacon so I ended up with 16 strips of chicken, and the chili powder/brown sugar mixture was just enough to coat all of them. My family loved the chicken, and I thought making it in strips was easier and less time-consuming than the nuggets.


Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken
Recipe adapted from “Full Bellies, Happy Kids” Blog

4 boneless chicken breasts, cut in thirds (12 pieces)
12 bacon slices
Salt and pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
1 Tablespoon Chili powder, plus more to taste
2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed

Cut each chicken breast into three pieces. Season chicken on both sides with the spices. Wrap a bacon slice around each piece. Mix the brown sugar and 1 tablespoon chili powder together and roll each chicken piece in the mixture. Pour 2-3 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof dish and place all of the chicken pieces in the dish.

Bake at 400° degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is brown and crispy.





Photos by JoJo

4 comments:

  1. Made this tonight. So good. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Perfect for a quick dinner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! This is a good reminder for me to make this again soon!

      Delete