Monday, May 6, 2013

Crispy Old Bay Wings

With summer almost here, I have been craving Old Bay. There are a few restaurants near my office that serve Old Bay Chicken Wings, and I found a simple recipe online that I made last night. I wanted to make them in the oven rather than fry them so I picked the recipe that I found on Old Bay's website. I used chicken breasts instead of wings and cut each into 3 pieces. I used panko breadcrumbs, although next time I will use regular breadcrumbs so they will stick to the chicken better. I love Old Bay, so I thought these were pretty good, especially considering how easy they were to make!


Crispy Old Bay Wings
Recipe courtesy Old Bay

Chicken wings are a must-have finger food at any casual gathering. To make these crispy wings spicy, add ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper to breadcrumb mixture.

½ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons Old Bay® Seasoning
3 pounds chicken wing pieces
Blue cheese or ranch dressing (optional)

Preheat oven to 425°. Mix breadcrumbs and OLD BAY in large re-sealable plastic bag. Add chicken wings in batches; shake to coat well.

Arrange chicken wings in single layer on large foil-lined shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Discard any remaining breadcrumb mixture.

Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing, if desired.


Ready to go in the oven



Photos by JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment