Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sun Tea

Yesterday I was babysitting at my sisters and had some iced tea at her house. She and her husband always make "sun tea", which I hadn't had in a long time. Growing up we always set the tea out on the patio in our backyard, or we would set it out at the deck at the beach. Now my dad makes iced tea on the stove with a pot of boiling water, but I wanted to try this out. I made some today for our Mother's Day cookout and wanted to share the idea with anyone who loves iced tea! This tea is a little more mellow in flavor than iced tea made with boiling water. It is a matter of preference - I like it made either way, as long as it's sweetened!

I used a 2-liter glass container and filled it with cold water, added a cup of sugar (I like my tea very sweet and I thought this was perfect...adjust the amount of sugar to your liking or leave the sugar out and sweeten it later), stirred the water and sugar together and then added 4 tea bags. I sealed the container and set it in the sun for a few hours (recommended 3-5 hours) and served with ice.

We still happened to have our old sun tea container in our house (which even has a recipe on the back), so that is what I made my sun tea in!

Photo by JoJo

No comments:

Post a Comment