Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sausage & Peppers

Sausage and Peppers is a great, easy meal to make at any time of year. I prefer to buy hot sausage, but when I make this for my family or friends I usually buy both hot and mild. I also use a mixture of red, orange and yellow peppers so it's colorful and full of taste (I don't like green peppers as much). Sometimes I make a small can of sauce and season it with salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning so I have something to dip the sausage and peppers in. Other times I buy rolls and sometimes I do both. Any way you want to serve this meal, people always seem to enjoy it.



Sausage and Peppers

4 Peppers, cut in slices
1 large onion, cut in slices
16 sausage links, hot or mild
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Sauce (optional)
Rolls (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°.

Slice peppers and onions. Mix together with olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning. Place in pan.

Place sausage links in a separate pan.

Put both pans in oven for 45 minutes. Turn the sausage over halfway through cooking time. Pepper and onion mixture may not need to cook as long depending on how much you like them cooked. I put them in the oven 15 minutes after the sausage; they were a little crisp which is how I like them.

When the sausage is almost done cooking, take it out and slice it up. Add the slices to the pepper and onion mixture and put back in the oven in the same pan until finished.

Serve on rolls or in dish. Serve sauce on the side or on top if you desire.

Note: If you prefer to grill, you can boil the sausage first for about 15 minutes to decrease grilling time.

Hot & Mild Sausage w/Sauce

Photos by JoJo

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment